Celebrating the Milk of Human Kindness
At Red Barn Family Farms, we stand for:
- Families that farm as a way of life
- The healthy animals that live on their farms
- The extraordinarily clean, wholesome and nutritious milk that always comes from healthy cows on such farms
- The award-winning cheese that is produced from this quality milk
But Red Barn dairy products are also about you! My dream is that:
- This will be the best tasting milk and cheese you've ever had.
- You will feel connected to the family farms producing your food.
- You will feel good about choosing simple, fresh ingredients that nourish you and sustain our farmers’ way of life.
My appreciation for our Red Barn farms goes back to my own roots growing up on our family farm in Wisconsin. My life on the farm inspired my goal of becoming a large animal veterinarian. In 1996 I earned my Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from the University of Wisconsin. During the graduation ceremony, I took the Veterinarian’s Oath with all of my classmates:
Being admitted to the profession of veterinary medicine, I solemnly swear to use my scientific knowledge and skills for the benefit of society through the protection of animal health, the relief of animal suffering, the conservation of livestock resources, the promotion of public health and the advancement of medical knowledge...
Experience as a veterinarian on farms across Wisconsin has deepened my appreciation for this pledge, and Red Barn affords me the opportunity to fulfill my professional oath in a wonderful way.
When you choose Red Barn Family Farms, you connect with kind people who are models of decency, hard work and ethical care for animals. Long live the family farm. Thank you.
Terry Homan, DVM